To achieve scaling success -ensuring your space is painted in just the right light- it comes down to one factor – scale. To get the right impact, a simple equation will ensure you always get it right!
How to scale a light fixture for your space:
- Measure-out your space and note the height, length and width of the area.
- Find the Diameter of The Fixture that is the Best Fit For Your Space:
- What is the length and width of the room in feet?
Example: 10 feet by 10 feet
- Add those two numbers together and swap feet for inches.
Example: 20 feet > 20 inches
- ANSWER: The inches you came up with will be the ideal diameter for a light fixture in your room.
Example: 20 inches wide
- Find the Height of The Fixture that is the Best Fit For Your Space:
- Start with the height of the room (floor to ceiling) in feet. Example: 10 feet high
- Multiply the height by 2.5″ to 3″ per foot. Example: 10 x 2.5″ to 3″ = 25-30 feet
- Swap that value to inches (so 20 feet becomes 20 inches). Example: 25-30 feet > 25-30 inches
- ANSWER: The inches you came up with will be the ideal diameter for a light fixture in your room. Example: 25-30 inches
Need more information on hanging lights, check-out our guide HERE.